How can we help?
With the changing systems and needs of workplaces, we deliver services that are unique to your workplace and team. From training and webinars to policy support and implementation, we can assist you to create Respect@Work.
Domestic & Family Violence Training
The purpose of the training is to assist workplaces to understand and respond to disclosures of domestic and family violence in a safe and respectful way whilst meeting the new Fair Work requirements.
In addition to discussing the forms of domestic and family violence, this session also highlights the underlying gendered drivers of violence and how through being active bystanders, we can create a workplace culture of safety and respect.
- Participants will gain an evidenced and trauma informed understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to safely understand how to identify and respond to individuals impacted by domestic and family violence.
- Participants will understand the important role of bystanders in creating respectful and equitable work environments.
- The training will increase employee capability with the skills and strategies to create a workplace safety plan and culture of respect.
Sexual Harassment training and support
The purpose of the training is to assist workplaces to recognise, prevent and respond to sexual harassment within the workplace. In Australia, sexual harassment is a widespread problem that impacts the safety, wellbeing and welfare of employees whilst also putting organisations at risk.
In addition to examining the prevalence of sexual harassment in Australian workplaces, this session will also highlight the underlying causes of sexual harassment and suggest steps that both individuals and teams may take to bring about organisational change.
- Increase frontline leadership capability to be equipped with the skills and strategies to create organisational change whilst developing a workplace culture of respect and equality.
- Develop an understanding of respectful relationships at work whilst addressing and challenging the underlying drivers of sexual harassment.
- Development of equality initiatives to target disrespectful attitudes and beliefs which undermine workplace safety.
- An understanding of the Anti-Discrimination and Human Rights Legislation Amendment (Respect at Work) Bill 2022 and the strategies to move towards ensuring their workplace is free of all forms of discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
In Australia, sexual harassment, racism and discrimination is a widespread problem that puts organisations at risk whilst also impacting the safety, wellbeing and welfare of employees. In the past 5 years, workplace sexual harassment has affected 39% of Australian women and 26% of Australian men. Workplaces are now being held accountable for reducing and responding to psycho-social hazards.
Topics covered include:
@ Development of equality initiatives
to target attitudes and beliefs which undermine workplace safety.
@Develop an understanding of respect at work whilst addressing the underlying drivers of sexual harassment.
@Increase employee capability with the skills and strategies to create a workplace culture of respect.
- Strategies to assist disclosure management and be active bystanders.
- Understanding the importance of boundaries, self care and preventing burnout and vicarious trauma.
All our training is mapped to your current policies and we tailor our approach to your organisation with customisable case studies and activities.
Workplace Respect has a team of skilled facilitators who are content knowledge experts in domestic and family violence and have been delivering workplace training across Australia for over a decade.
The training is delivered using a trauma informed approach and is suitable for all employees, leaders, Managers, HR staff and Executive staff.
Values based leadership
This training session examines how organisations and leaders can respond to the demand for higher accountability in the workplace whilst balancing this with ethical behaviour and decision making.
In this training, leaders will explore their own assumptions and perspectives with their peers. They will develop an understanding on how they align their leadership style with team behaviour, whilst unpacking their organisational values and connecting this to their approach as leaders.
- Leaders will learn to create engagement amongst their teams which aligns to the purpose and values of their organisation.
- Leaders will understand how to identify and leverage the drivers for engagement within their team.
- After this training, leaders will understand how the aspects of the organisation’s climate and culture can be improved their own leadership styles.
- Leaders will have clarity on their own leadership shadow, their internal values and how to connect with and support their peers.
Resilient workplaces training
This training provides a learning experience that enables participants to develop the practice skills to recognise, understand and better respond to stress.
The training will support to increase staff self awareness and empowerment so that they can understand the impact of stress, mental health and vicarious trauma.
Through ensuring staff are aware of their own needs, can identify when to seek support and when to connect with others, this can enhance staff safety and wellbeing, reducing absenteeism and increasing workplace engagement.
- Understanding the difference between good stress vs bad stress and developing an awareness of the individual’s stressors and emotional responses at work.
- Developing an understanding of resilience and how to form resilient teams.
- Creating a self care plan and identifying when an individual is in most need of support.